Apps for smartphones are the latest thing, but how do you create one? How might they work best in a museum, gallery and tourism context? What kind of content do you need? Find out at this masterclass in Cheltenham on Monday 24 September 2012.
It is offered by Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum as the first session of the 2012-2013 Museum Skills Programme. It is led by the team who developed the mobile phone app for gallery's designated Arts and Crafts Movement collection and will cover:
• Using apps in a museum and tourism context by Arkenford, a market research and data modelling company who developed consultation for the project including a user survey
• An introduction to the app from Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum staff
• A demonstration of the app by app developer, Conjure
• Working with the University of Gloucestershire to create 3D images
• Top tips from the app project team
If you can't make it, why not tweet your questions to us? We'll be holding a live twitter question and answer session on the 24th, with answers from all our panel, including app designers Conjure. Tweet your questions through to @ArtsCraftsChelt on the day.
Please download the booking form and further information here.